Motto: Head, Heart and Hand (The 3H)
Our goal is to be one of the best Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Institutions enriched with demand-driven technical skills and training to meet Modern Technological Advancement.
Hierachy of Principal’s
First Principal-Mr. Wisdom Narh Amatey
Second Principal-Mr. Alexander Osei-Lartey
Third Principal-Mr. Michael Okraku
The School was established by a Dutch Humanist and Philanthropist Mr. Joop Gerald Knol who resided at Mampong-Akuapem, hence the name J. G. Knol, and sponsored by Holland Ghana Foundation. The parcel of land was donated by the brothers Prof. Edwin Andrews Afari and Mr. Andrews Akuoko. The following facilities were funded by Holland Ghana Foundation and commissioned on the 30th March, 2011:
• 4-Unit Classroom block with a Computer Lab. And Washrooms.
• Administration block (Principal’s Office, Staffroom and Washroom).
• 4-Unit Workshop block
• Basic Carpentry and Masonry tools
• Electricity Company of Ghana 240V Supply
• Pipe-borne Water connection with 2-Water Tanks (Concrete Surface Tanks).
Students enrolment was a challenge, so the commissioned infrastructure was left in the bush. The School was later handed over to the Ghana Education Service (GES) in 2012 and five students (three girls and two boys) were enrolled, through the immense effort of Mr. Lovelace B. S. Kwashie, Akwapim-North Municipal SHS Coordinator, and Mr. Emmanuel Tete the Holland Ghana Foundation Country Rep. and Contractor of the project. Teachers namely, Samuel Larbi, Derrick Antwi-Larbi, Seth Afum Danquah, Gifty Kattah, Rita Kissiedu, Benjamin Twumasi Nyarko, Daniel Mawuko, Daniel Kabutey-Dogbe, Alexander Nai, Stephen Atobrah and others were posted to the school.
Enrolment drive team was formed by the following staff members: Patrick Narh-Plorkey, Samuel Larbi, Patricia Koyo Azu, and the first Principal Mr. Wisdom Narh Amatey. They went to towns and villages like Asenema and Nkurakan to advertise for students admission which raised the students enrolment to about 50.
Courses launched were:
• Electrical Engineering Technology
• Building Construction Technology
• Wood Construction Technology
• Fashion Designing Technology
• Hospitality and Catering Management
1) Two students got scholarship from Okere District Assembly based on their excellent performance of CERT. II examinations in 2018, and now studying at Akenten Appiah-Menka University of Skills Training and Entrepreneurial Development (AMMUSTED), Kumasi. They are:
• Cyndy Nyarkoa - Adukrom
• Josephine Nketia - Asenema
2) Some students are now Engineers, two who are among us are:
• Old Students Rep. 1, Alex Annor Anim (Civil Engineer)
• Old Students Rep. 2, Emmanuel Agyei Ansah (Electrical Engineer)
On the 11th July, 2014, and 29th August, 2014 Stakeholders Meetings were organised by the first Principal, Mr Wisdom Narh Amatey preparing for inauguration of the School Board but failed when he was reposted to Akwatia Technical Institute and handed over to Mr. Alexander Osei-Lartey on the 24th October, 2016.
In September, 2017 when the Free-SHS was launched the then second Principal, Mr. Alexander Osei-Lartey applied for admission of boarders without boarding house approval to boost the enrolment. It yielded results, boarders were placed and using classrooms, workshops, and a rented house up to date.
In April, 2019 Government of Ghana funded by GetFund started the 12-Unit Classroom block, commissioned in March, 2020 and later furnished with 600 students tables and chairs, and 12 teachers tables and chairs.
A donated temporal wooden office structure of the contractor which was renovated by the school is being used as a kitchen. The 12-unit Classrooms 1&2 combined are used as Dining/Assembly Hall, and room 12 as Computer laboratory.
The students enrolment increased from 245 to 430 in 2020 following the launching of Motor Vehicle Engineering in 2019 and dropping of Wood Construction Technology which was not attractive to students. Currently students’ enrolment is 512 (Boys, 306 and Girls, 206) and the Staff of 48 (Teaching staff, 36 and Non-Teaching staff, 12).
5 Programs are currently run in the school, namely:
1) Building Construction Technology (BCT)
2) Electrical Engineering Technology (EET)
3) Motor Vehicle Engineering (MVE)
4) Fashion Designing Technology (FDT)
5) Hospitality and Catering Management (HCM)You are most welcome to J. G. Knol Technical Institute. Thank you!